Korean Soup That's Good for Your Skin: Oxtail Gomtang Gukbap.
You can have Korean Soup That's Good for Your Skin: Oxtail Gomtang Gukbap using 13 simple ingredients and 13 easy steps. This is guide how achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean Soup That's Good for Your Skin: Oxtail Gomtang Gukbap
- Prepare 500 grams of Oxtail.
- You need 1 of The green part of a Japanese leek.
- It’s 1 piece of Ginger.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried scallop soup powder.
- Prepare 100 grams of Daikon radish.
- It’s 100 grams of Carrot.
- Prepare 5 cm of length Japanese leek.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 of bowlful or so Hot cooked white rice.
- You need 1 dash of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Toasted white sesame seeds.
Korean Soup That's Good for Your Skin: Oxtail Gomtang Gukbap instructions
- I used this oxtail from domestic black-hair cattle. It cost about $2 per 100 g. Unbelievably cheap! Rinse it in water to start..
- Make vertical cuts in the tail. The meat will fall apart easier, and a lot of umami will come out of it..
- Put in boiling water briefly. Take it out and rinse well in cold water! This removes any impurities from the meat and bone..
- Put about 1 liter of water and the sake in a pot with the oxtail. Add the leek, carrot and crushed ginger and start cooking. When it comes to a boil, skim off the scum..
- Cover with a lid and simmer gently. The liquid should reduce to about half its original volume in about an hour. You can do this in a pressure cooker too, of course..
- The water and oil become mixed together (this is called emulsification). By emulsifying the soup, it becomes cloudy and creamy. If it doesn't emulsify though, just let it keep boiling over high heat..
- You can just season it and eat the soup at this point, but I like to let it rest overnight. Float a piece of plastic wrap on the surface of the soup. You'll see why the next day..
- Look how it is the next day! All the fat that floated to the surface is stuck to the plastic, so you can take it all out! Remove the plastic wrap and garnishings, then heat up the soup again. Add some water!.
- Add the dried scallop soup powder. Cut the daikon radish and carrot into sticks, and slice the leek. Throw them in the soup! You can add other vegetables too if you like..
- When the vegetables are cooked through, season with salt and pepper. Season it fairly lightly!.
- Add the cooked white rice and simmer. Taste, and adjust the seasoning..
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle on top with toasted white sesame seeds and black pepper! Isn't it easy?.
- You can make this with beef tendon too!.