Kelanchim (Korean Chawanmushi) Steamed Egg Custard.
This Appetizing Kelanchim (Korean Chawanmushi) Steamed Egg Custard using 13 easy ingredients and 11 simple steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Kelanchim (Korean Chawanmushi) Steamed Egg Custard
- Prepare 1 of Fillings of your choice.
- It’s of Chinese stock.
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 550 ml of Boiled chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Dashi stock.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 500 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dashi stock granules.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 1 1/2 of to 2 tablespoons Mirin.
- It’s 2/3 of to 1 teaspoon Salt.
Kelanchim (Korean Chawanmushi) Steamed Egg Custard step by step
- Prepare your favorite steamed egg custard ingredients. My family usually uses pea sprouts and lots of other simple ingredients such as potherb mustard..
- It's convenient and easy to use the broth from boiling chicken in Chinese dashi stockor from boiling chicken meatballs.. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153951-healthy-and-tender-chicken-meatballs-using-tofu-and-ground-chicken-breast.
- It's already salty so you don't need to add any salt, but add 1 teaspoon salt if you are using a sodium free stock..
- Add the amount of dashi stock listed above, and turn on the heat. Evaporate the alcohol content and let cool before using..
- Use 3 eggs. Mix thoroughly as if cutting the egg whites. The point is to not beat the eggs! Combine with the cooled dashi..
- My family likes to use 180 ml stock per large egg. Please feel free to test it out and find what works for you..
- I made it with pea sports this time. I cut them short, and filled up a pot with them..
- Pour the egg and stock mixture into the pot. You don't really have to worry about straining when you are using lots of ingredients. Turn the heat on high..
- Cover with a lid once it begins to gently boil around the edges and turn white, and turn down to low. Tilt the lid a bit and steam to keep holes from forming..
- It's done once it swells a little around the center. The egg has solidified if it doesn't cloud up when you touch it with a cooking chopstick..
- Serve into individual portions and enjoy. You can enjoy a light chawanmushi dish if you make it directly in the pot..