Kimchi Sweet Vinegar Stir Fry with Shrimp and Eggplant.
This Delicious Kimchi Sweet Vinegar Stir Fry with Shrimp and Eggplant using 16 easy ingredients and 8 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve it.
Ingredients of Kimchi Sweet Vinegar Stir Fry with Shrimp and Eggplant
- Prepare 1 large of Eggplant (slim Japanese type).
- You need 1 of Red or green bell pepper (optional).
- You need 8 of to 10 Peeled shrimp (I recommend black tiger shrimp).
- You need 1 tbsp of ＊A. Katakuriko – to pretreat the shrimp.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ＊A. Sake – to pretreat the shrimp.
- You need 1 of piece's worth Finely chopped ginger (or use grated ginger from a tube).
- Prepare 1 of heaping tablespoon Vegetable oil for stir frying (or sesame oil).
- Prepare 1 of ☆ Mitsuba or chopped green onions as garnish, optional.
- It’s 1 of ☆ Mayonnaise, ra-yu.
- It’s of For the kimchi sweet-vinegar sauce.
- You need 50 grams of Kimchi (Use whatever kimchi you like. I used Chinese cabbage kimchi).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of B. Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of heaping tablespoon B. Sugar (or honey).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of B. Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of B. Sake.
- Prepare 1 of B. Toasted sesame seeds, optional.
Kimchi Sweet Vinegar Stir Fry with Shrimp and Eggplant step by step
- Pre-treat the shrimp: Rub the ＊A katakuriko and sake into the deveined peeled shrimp..
- Prepare the vegetables: Cut the pepper and eggplant roughly into bite-sized pieces. Chop the ginger finely (or use pre-grated ginger from a tube)..
- Make the sweet vinegar sauce with kimchi: Drain off the kimchi lightly and chop it up finely. Add the B. ingredients to this and mix well. Now your sauce is done..
- Heat vegetable oil or sesame oil in a frying pan and stir fry the chopped ginger from Step 2 over low heat until fragrant..
- Add the eggplant and pepper to the frying pan, and stir fry over medium heat. Add the shrimp and stir fry until they change color..
- Add the kimchi vinegar sauce to the pan, and stir fry until there's no moisture left in the pan Sprinkle on some mitsuba or chopped green onions to finish..
- It's also delicious topped with mayonnaise or ra-yu. Serve chilled in the summer..
- Variation: Serve it on a bed of rice as a one-plate dish..