Hakka Chowmein(Kolkata street styled).
This Yummy Hakka Chowmein(Kolkata street styled) using 12 easy ingredients and 17 simple steps. Learn how to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Hakka Chowmein(Kolkata street styled)
- You need of Rice noodles (2 pack).
- Prepare 100 gm of mixed veggies(cabbage,French beans,carrot,capsicum).
- It’s 1 of onion sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 bunch of spring/green onion.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 100 gm of Shrimps deshelled and cleaned.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tb of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of ts vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tb of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 5-8 Tb of oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of water for boiling noodles.
Hakka Chowmein(Kolkata street styled) instructions
- Boil the noodles using sufficient water, 1 Tb oil only till it’s cooked. Don’t over boil.
- Strain the noodles using a colander and keep aside.
- Chop the veggies besides onion into fine pieces. Deskin and deseed where ever required..
- Slices onion into Long thin slices.
- Add a ts salt to the shrimps and coat them well and allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Add 1 Tb oil in a non stick pan and sauté the vegetables over medium-Low heat for 5-7 minutes. To retain crunchiness, do not over cook.
- Now add 1 ts oil to the pan if needed and pan fry the prawns till cooked(over frying can make them hard).
- Move the shrimps on one side of the pan and add the eggs and scramble them well.Take off heat once done.
- Now turn on the stove on medium heat and add 1 Tb oil and the onions in a wok and sauté till translucent.
- Add the veggies, eggs,shrimps and green onions.mix well.
- Season with salt, pepper powder.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar and give it a good mix by tossing the noodles well.
- Check the seasoning and adjust if required.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot with spicy garlic sauce. This tastes great just by itself too.
- Tip: Adding oil while boiling noodles prevents noodles from sticking to the pan/wok.
- Tip: you may choose to mixed the ingredients in a pan, but it’s always easy to toss/mix noodles and other ingredients in a wok.
- Tip: If cooking with chicken, use boiled and finely shredded chicken. Add/Subtract any veggies/non veg variant according to your preferences.