Yam Abacus Dumpling Hakka Traditional Snack. Abacus seed is a traditional Hakka dish made with yam that is usually eaten during festivals because signifies wealth. If you have eaten them before, you will know that it requires ALOT of manual labour and patience. Finally, I got the chance to learn how to make suan pan zi from my gu ma who prepares.
Abacus seeds are made from yam paste and some type of starches – can be tapioca or wheat starch. It is a savoury dish that can be served as a main meal or as a snack. Traditional Hakka food is a rich part of the culinary heritage of southern China, although it tends to It's said that when the Hakka migrated to China's southeast, they found no flour with which to make dumplings, and Yam abacus © Alpha/Flickr. You can cook Yam Abacus Dumpling Hakka Traditional Snack using 16 easy ingredients and 10 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Yam Abacus Dumpling Hakka Traditional Snack
- Prepare 4 of korean dried oyster.
- Prepare 2 cup of pounded dried shrimp.
- It’s 2 cup of black fungus ( cloud wood ear mushroom).
- It’s of pounded paste.
- You need 3 small of shallot paste.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic paste.
- You need of SAUCE.
- It’s 3 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 4 tbsp of peri peri chili sauce.
- Prepare of YAM ABACUS DUMPLING.
- You need 6 cup of dice yam.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of topiaca flour.
Pork belly with preserved mustard greens 梅菜扣肉. A Hakka Chinese dish of soft chewy 'abacus seeds' made of yam stir-fried with pork. Get the recipe for Suan Pan Zi (Hakka Yam Abacus Seeds). Photo about Suan Pan Zhi – traditional Hakka yam abacus seeds dish.
Yam Abacus Dumpling Hakka Traditional Snack instructions
- presoak dried korean oyster and dried shrimp for 5 minute then drain pound dried shrimp and dice korean oyster.
- presoak black fungus ( cloud wood ear mushroom ) then dran and cut to smaller piece.
- peel skin of yam and steam yam for 15 minute till soft.
- MAKE YAM ABUCUS DUMPLING.
- mash steamed yam then add hot water and topiaca flour mix well till dough like then on dry and flour on palm shape into a small ball then use a finger and press lightly to shape it.
- In a pot of boiling water drop yam dumpling in and simmer till it float about 1 minute then drain and drizzle with 1 tbsp of sesame oil set aside.
- STIR FRY YAM ABACUS DUMPLING.
- in pan fry pounded dried shrimp and dice dried korean oyster with pounded garlic and shallot paste till lightly brown.
- add all soy sauce with chili sauce and cooked yam abacus dumpling mix well gently.
- add water and dry fry gently for another2 minute then off heat and serve.
A wide variety of traditional abacus options are available to you, such as occasion, gender, and material. Abacus – providing the best coverage of China tech news from companies news and insights to internet trends to gaming and gadget reviews. Abacus has a new home at SCMP.com/Abacus. It taste like dumpling,but more softer than dumpling. When you bite down,you will feel that is great, so delicious.