Bean Sauce and Rice.
You can cook Bean Sauce and Rice using 25 simple ingredients and 10 simple steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Bean Sauce and Rice
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 3 stalks of broccolini, diced.
- You need 1 of brown onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of carrot, cut into thin quarters.
- Prepare 410 g of can kidney beans.
- You need 3 of dried black fungus.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It’s 3 cups of boiling hot water.
- You need 1 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mirin (rice wine vinegar).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of black bean sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 cm of nub of ginger, minced.
- You need 1 pinch of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of curry powder.
- You need of Slurry.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s of Rice.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of basmati rice.
- You need 3 cups of water.
Bean Sauce and Rice instructions
- Soak black fungus in bowl of boiling hot water 15 -20 mins or until rehydrated.
- Rinse rice in the sink 3-4 times or until water is no longer cloudy, then put rice into rice cooker with amount of water required and turn on..
- Cut vegetables and set aside..
- Add sesame and coconut oil to saucepan on medium high heat, once coconut oil has melted add onions and stir fry until translucent..
- Remove black fungus from liquid using tongs and thinly slice..
- Mince garlic and ginger, then add all sauce ingredients into bowl with leftover liquid from soaking black fungus and mix until combined.
- Add carrots to saucepan and stir fry for about 10 minutes, then add fungus and sauce mixture, turn heat to high and bring to a simmer then add kidney beans and broccolini.
- Combine corn starch and water into a small bowl and mix until fully incorporated to make slurry.
- Once broccolini has cooked add slurry and mix until sauce has thickened.
- Turn off heat, serve sauce over rice and enjoy!.