Spiced monkfish. Gordon Ramsay's recipe for Spiced Monkfish with Citrus Vinegarrette. 'Monk' fish – indeed! Monster, more like, because he's not a beauty, this fish – I remember seeing it for the first time (outside my dinner plate) in a fish market in France. Simply spiced monkfish is served up with quinoa and a quick beetroot pickles – it's done in minutes but really adds zing.
One of the leanest fish around. Claire Cooking this beautifully flavoured fish has never been easier. Recipes Spiced baked monkfish European Print This. You can cook Spiced monkfish using 11 easy ingredients and 4 easy steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spiced monkfish
- Prepare 1 of monkfish tail fillet per person (scale up the other ingredients if cooking for more than 2).
- You need 1 tsp of Korean chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric (or 2 tsp curry powder instead of the two spices).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fine salt.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, finely diced.
- It’s 2 cm of ginger root, peeled and chopped into small matchsticks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare 1 pinch of saffron.
- Prepare of about 50ml chicken stock made with a stock cube or fresh.
- You need 2 tbsp. of crème fraiche.
- You need 1 of little chopped parsley.
See more ideas about Monkfish recipes, Fish recipes, Seafood recipes. This marvellous monkfish recipe from Shaun Hill features a piquant ginger and garlic sauce that compliments the hearty. Spiced Roast Monkfish on a Smokey Aubergine Puree with an Olive and Caper Saucespaulyseasonalservings. Roll the monkfish carefully in the Cajun spices and dust off any excess.
Spiced monkfish instructions
- Monkfish needs firming up before cooking, otherwise it releases a lot of water whilst cooking. Sprinkle the fillets generously with salt, chill for at least half an hour then rinse off the salt and pat dry..
- Cut the fish into scallop-sized chunks. Mix the spices and salt together and dip the monkfish pieces in the mix..
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat, add the monkfish pieces, the diced shallot and ginger and cook for a minute. Sprinkle the saffron over the dish and turn the monkfish pieces over..
- Turn the heat up, add the crème fraiche and the stock and bubble away for another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to serving bowls or dishes and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with plain rice..
Heat the frying pan and add the butter and oil. Add the monkfish and cook all over gently, do not overcook. If you're nervous about cooking fish, this monkfish fillet recipe that shows you how to cook monkfish perfectly. With lemon mash and an epic olive sauce. Sprinkle the Tandoori spice over the monkfish and lightly oil it.