O Jing Eo Bokk Geum (Stir Fried Squid). Ojingeo bokkeum is a spicy stir-fried squid. If you love squid and spicy food, this flavor packed dish is easy to make with a few Korean For this dish, the squid is cut into bite-sized pieces and stir-fried in a slightly sweet gochujang (Korean red chili pepper paste). Today I'm going to introduce you to a simple, flavorful seafood dish called ojingeo-bokkeum.
It's not that difficult but I think it is because I was always comparing to a certain taste that was etched in my. Carrot, garlic, green chili pepper, green onion, hot pepper flakes, onion, potato starch, soy sauce, squid, sugar, vegetable oil. Grilled Bluefin Tuna with Squid ink Gnocchi. This Yummy O Jing Eo Bokk Geum (Stir Fried Squid) using 17 easy ingredients and 8 easy steps. This is guide how cook it.
Ingredients of O Jing Eo Bokk Geum (Stir Fried Squid)
- It’s 1 of medium squid (2/3 of a big one).
- It’s 1/2 of jalapeños finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a medium onion.
- It’s 2 of medium shallots (optional).
- It’s 3 of small stalks of celery.
- It’s 1 of small carrot thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of of medium squash.
- You need 3 stalks of green onion.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need of sauce:.
- It’s 1 TBSP of fish sauce.
- You need 1 TBSP of soy sauce.
- You need 1 TBSP of gochoojang (Korean hot bean paste).
- You need 3 TBSP of sugar.
- You need 1/2 TBSP of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of finely chopped ginger.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of chili powder(gochoogaroo).
Great recipe for O Jing Eo Bokk Geum (Stir Fried Squid). I have two third leftover of a squid from yesterday's menu. I am going to use it and make O Jing Eo Bokk Geum. Heat oil in a skillet, cook squid, bamboo shoot and onion over medium heat.
O Jing Eo Bokk Geum (Stir Fried Squid) instructions
- Peel squid skin off. Put a pinch of salt onto squid. Wash well. Drain..
- Cut squid tentacles into 2 inches long. Cut body, length wise, into 2 or 3 depending on how big it is..
- The inside of the squid is slightly whiter. Also the outside looks smoother than the inside..
- From the inside part, length wise, make small cuts, slightly not completely cut. Turn sideways, make same kind of cuts. This will give design to pieces of squid when cooked. Again, turn squid length wise, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Put into bowl together with chopped jalapeños..
- Cut celery,diagonally, into not too thick slices. Cut squash, length wise, into half. Then slice into not too thick slices. Cut green onion into 2 inches long. Put all veggies together with the thinly sliced carrots into a bowl..
- Put all ingredients for sauce into bowl. Mix well..
- On high heat, stir fry onion and shallots. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Stir fry until onion is half cooked. Add all veggies. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Stir fry for another 2 minutes Add squid and jalapeños. Pour all sauce on squid. Stir fry for 3 minutes, or until squid pieces (body’s pieces)curl up. Squid will be tough if over cooked..
- Transfer to serving plate. Serve with hot rice..
Sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds and stir-fry quickly. Pour sesame oil rolling around the sides. O-jing-uh Bo-kum Spicy Stir-Fried Squid 오징어볶음. Ojinguh bokum is a spicy squid dish very similar to nakji bokum. Instead of using octopus tentacles, fresh squids are cut into Cut and slice into desired biting pieces for all vegetables.