This Appetizing Homemade Kimchi using 19 simple ingredients and 9 simple steps. This is guide how cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Homemade Kimchi
- You need 1 lb of Wombok (Napa Cabbage).
- It’s 3 cups of Water.
- Prepare 1 cup of Salt.
- It’s 1 lb of Radish, shredded.
- You need 3 of Onion leaves, cut into 1-inch long pieces.
- You need of Blended Paste:.
- Prepare 1/2 of Korean Pear, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, sliced.
- Prepare of Porridge:.
- Prepare 300 ml of Water.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Sweet Rice Flour.
- You need of Seasoning Mix:.
- It’s 5 Tbsp of Red Pepper Powder (you can add more if you want too spicy).
- You need 100 ml of Fermented Anchovy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbsp of Maesilaek.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of Ginger, minced.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Salted Fermented Shrimp.
Homemade Kimchi instructions
- Cut bottom of the cabbage. Cut the leaves into bite sizes..
- Sprinkle salt evenly to all of the cabbage layer by layer. Splash water at the end. Soak the cabbage for 2 hours..
- Rinse at least 3 times through in cold water and place in a large strainer. Drain completely, about 1 hour..
- Add sweet rice powder into water and mix well in low heat. Let it cool off completely..
- Blend the Korean pear and onion..
- Combine blended Korean pear and onion, porridge, seasoning mix..
- Add the radish and green onions into the kimchi paste and mix well with your hand. (Make sure to wear a glove!).
- Toss the salted and drained cabbage and mix well until everything is evenly combined..
- Transfer to an air tight container. Enjoy!.