Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae.
You can cook Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae using 22 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae
- You need 6 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 200 g of SPAM cut into cubes.
- You need 200 g of mushroom (enoki and or oyster mushrooms).
- Prepare 200 g of shitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 6 of cocktail sausages cut thinly.
- You need 3 of instant ramen noodles.
- It’s Half of a cup of cheese(cubed or 2 slices).
- Prepare 1 cup of kimchi (bite-sized).
- You need 1 of Napa cabbage (cut and sliced).
- You need 100 g of Rice cakes (Tteokbokki) or replace with kikiam.
- You need 100 g of tofu (sliced or cubed).
- Prepare 4 of cobs cooked corn or 1 can of sweet corn kernels.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Korean chili paste (Gochujang).
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Korean chili flakes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of garlic (minced).
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- Prepare of Green onions.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cooking oil.
- It’s of I added corn instead of baked beans.
- You need of I also removed kelp and anchovies because I don't like them.
Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae instructions
- Cook garlic in oil until golden brown. Set aside so it doesn't burn..
- Assemble the ingredients (except for the ramen noodles, rice cakes, green onions, napa cabbage, corn and cheese) in a pot. Mix the Korean paste with soy sauce, chili flakes, sugar, and fish sauce and add the mixture to the pot. Pour the stock and bring to boil on medium heat (about 10 mins). Reduce heat and let simmer for another 10 minutes..
- Add the remaining ingredients – garlic, instant ramen noodles, rice cakes, green onions, napa cabbage (I like my napa cabbage crunchy), corn and add cheese on top of the pot and boil uncovered until the noodles are cooked (about 2 to 3 mins)..
- Serve with steamed rice (& with other Korean side dishes). Or if doing hot pot, reduce the heat to low (using a portable burner) and share the food at the dinning table..