Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy).
This Tasty Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy) using 16 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Learn how to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy)
- Prepare 1 portion of fresh flat rice noodles.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- You need of Ingredients for gravy :.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 of onion, sliced lengthwise.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, sliced.
- You need 1 of celery, sliced.
- You need 6-7 of broccoli florets.
- Prepare 6 of shrimp,peeled and cleaned up the dirt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 300 ml of water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, dissolved with 1 tablespoon water.
- You need 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy) step by step
- First, make sure the fresh rice noodles are at temperature. If the noodles are really cold and stiff from refrigeration, rinse them quickly under hot tap water when you are ready to stir-fry the dish. This extra step will help you avoid a big homogenous lump of noodles during stir-frying. Be sure to shake off any excess water after rinsing and use them immediately. If using dried rice noodles, soak in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain off water..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or skillet. When it's hot, toss the rice noodles with 1 tsp of soy sauce. Stir fry until the noodles started to soften and turn lightly brown and you might have some "char" spot. Remove from the wok and put on a serving plate..
- How to make the gravy : Wipe the wok clean and add 1 Tbsp of oil and saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Add in the vegetables and stir fry until they started to soften a little bit, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp start to turn pink. Add the water, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar, ground pepper and bring to a boil..
- Give the cornstarch solution a stir and then pour it in and continue to stir until the gravy gets thickened a little..
- Gradually pour in the beaten egg while one hand continue to stir. It's like making an egg drop soup. Have a taste and add more salt if needed..
- Pour the pipping hot thick gravy over the noodles. Serve immediately..