Pork and Shiitake Rice Bowl. In our take, we're mixing hearty brown rice with shiitake mushrooms, and topping it off with pork cooked with savory Korean flavors, including spicy chile paste. This recipe is our take on "donburi"—a classic Japanese comfort food in which meat or vegetables are served over bowls of rice. Lu rou fan, a Taiwanese comfort food classic of braised pork belly over rice, is probably the best recipe to come out of our kitchen this month.
Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. This shrimp and shitake rice bowl is an easy to make weeknight meal that contains healthy vegetables such as mushrooms, peas and bell peppers. If you can't find fresh shiitake mushrooms, button mushrooms are a fine substitute. You can have Pork and Shiitake Rice Bowl using 9 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Pork and Shiitake Rice Bowl
- It’s 150 g of pork slice.
- You need 1 of shitake mushroom.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 150 ml of dashi/mushroom/beef stock.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of grated ginger.
- You need 2 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of mirin.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of sugar.
Sustainable Choice: Look for Pacific white shrimp that have been. These rice bowls for two — studded with pork and broccoli, and slathered in a really good peanut sauce — are no exception. What makes these bowls sing is the sauce. In a large bowl, mix the ground pork with the ginger, shallot, garlic and ground Szechwan peppercorns.
Pork and Shiitake Rice Bowl instructions
- Prepare all ingredients. Thinly slice onion and mushroom. Then finely chop garlic..
- Heat oil with medium fire and saute garlic and onion until fragrance. Put mushroom and stir it for 2 minutes..
- Add mushroom stock, mirin, soy sauce, grated ginger and sugar, mix it well. Put pork slice after the sauce boiling. Stir it and cook for 7 minutes..
- Take a bowl of hot rice and put the pork and mushrooms on top of the rice..
- Serve it while it hot ✨.
Fried rice is the perfect solution for leftover rice, but it often arrives in the bowl as a soggy mess of greasy rice doused in so much flavor-disguising soy sauce that you can hardly tell the vegetables from the chicken. Try this recipe for Katsudon, a popular Japanese bowl dish of tonkatsu, or breaded deep-fried pork, and eggs in a sweet and salty broth over rice. Don, or donburi, identifies this as a bowl dish. Katsudon is hearty compared to other donburi, but the taste is so good that you will not mind the extra. From Pork Carnitas Street Tacos to easy quesadillas made with just a tortilla and some cheese or these Easy Pork Carnitas Rice Bowls, they make everything taste better.