泰式羅勒炒豬肉碎 THAI BASIL MINCED PORK WITH RICE (PAD KRA PAO). It's a popular dish/ street food in Thailand. This is a dish that is easy to make and satisfying to eat. Definitely a must order for me every time I visit a Thai restaurant.
I will show you my own Pad Kra Pao recipe, how easy and quickly you can make it yourself at home. Love to cook it with vegetables. Fry the garlic and chilli with the oil in a wok or pot until the garlic becomes golden, but not too much golden. You can cook 泰式羅勒炒豬肉碎 THAI BASIL MINCED PORK WITH RICE (PAD KRA PAO) using 12 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. Learn how to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of 泰式羅勒炒豬肉碎 THAI BASIL MINCED PORK WITH RICE (PAD KRA PAO)
- It’s 300 grams of – ground pork.
- It’s 1 box of – of basil leaves (sweet basil works too).
- You need 3 of – long beans (cut into 1 inche).
- You need 2 of – chilli padi.
- It’s 2 cloves of – shallots (optional).
- Prepare 6-8 cloves of – minced garlic (optional).
- Prepare 2.5 tablespoons of – Oyster sauce (I used organic mushroom sauce).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of – Soy sauce (I used coconut aminos).
- Prepare Half of tablespoon – fish sauce.
- It’s 2.5 tablespoons of – brown sugar (I used cane sugar).
- You need of White pepper.
- It’s of Sesame oil.
Fry the minced meat first and a little after the onions. Pad Kra Pao means stir-fry basil, thus making it the main ingredient in this classic dish from Thailand. I used minced chicken in this recipe but feel free to use other types of meat to make either Pad Kra Pao Nua (Thai basil beef) or Pad Kra Pao Moo (Thai basil pork). This Thai stir-fry is made of minced meat, chilis and basil.
泰式羅勒炒豬肉碎 THAI BASIL MINCED PORK WITH RICE (PAD KRA PAO) step by step
- Heat the pan with oil (I don't like it too oily hence I only used 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of oil) once heat is up add in garlic, shallots and chilli (if you are too lazy to cut garlic and shallots you may just add in chilli).
- Added in ground pork – stir fry till its about 70% cooked then add the long beans.
- Once the pork is about done, start adding seasoning.
- 2.5 tablespoons – Oyster sauce >>> 1 tablespoon – Soy sauce >>> Half tablespoon – fish sauce >>> 2.5 tablespoons – brown sugar >>> some white pepper.
- Continue to stir fry the pork with the seasonings. Taste and adjust accordingly, you can add a few tbs of water in if its too dry or too salty.
- Then add in the basil and stir fry until the basil is well incorporated and turn darker in color then off the heat..
- Drizzled in the sesame oil. I serve mine with a bowl of rice and sunny side up 😋😋.
The main flavour in pad ga prao comes from the mixture of soy sauces, fish sauce and oyster sauce, the Thai basil, and the chilies, of course. So time to prep the sauce of the meat before preparing your ingredients. Thai basil minced pork is one of my favorite Thai recipes. It's such a simple dish but still full of flavor. A minute or two later, when the peppers and onion have turned soft, I added the ground pork and basil leaves into the pan and seasoned the dish with fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar.