Thai Rice soup with Prawns / Khao Tom Koong. A flavorful dish that is full of garlic, pepper and coriander aroma, perfect for breakfast. Try this Thai Rice Soup with Prawns recipe! In Thailand the rice is almost always cooked until it starts to "fall" and the liquor turns milky.
Rice soup or khao tom in Thai language is a very common Thai dish for breakfast or late night snack. This also holds true in other Southeast Asia countries and East Asia for porridge/congee. I remember back in college time when I was in Jakarta, Indonesia for a very short while, we liked to go to places. This Appetizing Thai Rice soup with Prawns / Khao Tom Koong using 8 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Here is how you cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Thai Rice soup with Prawns / Khao Tom Koong
- You need 1/2 cup of cooked jasmine rice.
- You need 8 of prawns.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of water or stock.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 bunch of spring onion,chopped.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of crispy garlic.
Khao tom moo sap, which translates to boiled rice with chopped pork is a popular breakfast rice soup that's eaten all across Thailand. It was one of the first dishes I ate in Thailand after I realised that the hotel 'English' and 'American' breakfasts were equally bad wherever you stay! Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Thai Rice Soup Shrimp Khao Tom. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä.
Thai Rice soup with Prawns / Khao Tom Koong instructions
- Today i use rice cooker,but normally can do on stove top in same direction ,add water or stock you have ,half close lid ,let it cook until rice more soft ,water dissolve.
- Open lid,seasoning.
- Add prawns ,dont stir,let it cook about 2 – 3 mins ,add chopped spring onion ,crispy garlic on top ..you can add more prawns for second bowl too..
- Enjoy as late night supper or as breakfast like Thai ways :).
Authentic Thai Recipe for Rice Soup with Minced Pork. The combination of lemongrass, ginger, coriander, and other herbs make this Khao Tom (rice soup) deliciously comforting as a Thai-style breakfast on a cold Chiang Mai morning, or anytime you are feeling ill. My son's favorite when eating Thai food. He begged for me to cook it at home. In a large saucepan combine stock with gingerroot, shallots, lemon grass, rice and salt to taste.