Cajun Stuffed Catfish on Creole Wild Rice.
This Perfect Cajun Stuffed Catfish on Creole Wild Rice using 20 easy ingredients and 10 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun Stuffed Catfish on Creole Wild Rice
- It’s 4 of Catfish fillets.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of shrimp.
- It’s 1/2 lb of crabmeat.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of bell pepper.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/2 of sleeve saltine crackers.
- Prepare 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 of wild rice mix.
- It’s 2 cup of wild rice.
- You need of water.
- You need 1 can of black eye peas.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic flakes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
Cajun Stuffed Catfish on Creole Wild Rice instructions
- Dice onion, pepper & garlic very small & cook in saute pan with a little olive oil & pinch of salt until soft. Remove from pan & put in bowl..
- In a touch of oil & butter cook cleaned chopped shrimp until they turn color & then add the crabmeat & cook for 1 minute. Remove & put in the bowl with veggies & let sit until cooled..
- Melt a stick of butter & let cool..
- Roughly crush the saltine crackers & add to the bowl with the old bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper & gently fold into the mixture & add the melted butter & gently mix. The stuffing is done..
- Season both sides of the catfish with salt & pepper & stuff a healthy amount of the stuffing into the inside part of the fillet & wrap the fish around it overlapping slightly on the bottom..
- Crush a few saltine crackers finely and add cajun seasoning & small pinch of cayenne pepper & mix & sprinkle on the top of the rolled fillets..
- Heavily grease a pan with butter & add stuffed catfish with folded side down & cook in 350° oven until done (approximately 20 minutes) & put under broiler for a minute to brown slightly if needed..
- Rinse rice 3 times & add into a pot with all the ingredients expect the beans with the amount of water on rice cooking directions. Bring to a boil & stir & reduce flame to low..
- When half way cooked add the black eyed peas & stir & let finish cooking..
- Plate bed of rice & serve with a stuffed catfish on top..