Pickled Sakura and Japanese Turnips.
This Tasty Pickled Sakura and Japanese Turnips using 9 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Pickled Sakura and Japanese Turnips
- It’s 5 of Japanese long-rooted pickling turnip.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt (for the leaves).
- Prepare 1 liter of Boiling water.
- It’s of Sauce for macerating.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 3 grams of Dashi stock granules.
Pickled Sakura and Japanese Turnips instructions
- These long-rooted Japanese turnips have a pretty red and white contrast. Wash both the roots and leaves clean..
- Cut the roots into 4-cm long, 2-mm thick strips, slice into sticks, place into a bowl, then coat in 1 teaspoon salt, and let sit for 30 minutes..
- Add boiling water to the roots in the bowl, quickly drain in a sieve, place into a cold water bath, then drain the water..
- Finely mince the leaves (use only the inner leaves that are in good condition). Work in 1 tablespoon salt until the leaves produce a black liquid..
- Place the leaves into a sieve, place into a hot water bath, and rinse until it stops coloring the water. Tightly wring out, and drain the water..
- Lightly wring out the softened roots..
- Immediately place the roots and leaves into a pickling container, add the pickling liquid, and mix. Place a light weight on top. It is ready to eat it from the next day or so..