Spicy Shrimp Rice / Sambal Nasi Udang. Nasi lemak sambal udang, Rubies Delight. This is malaysian famous food called nasi lemak. This dish best to served with anchovies sambal or chicken.
A must-try for the spicy food fan. A little goes a long way because the sauce (and not the shrimps) is actually the star of the dish. Sambal Udang is popularly served with Nasi. This Appetizing Spicy Shrimp Rice / Sambal Nasi Udang using 11 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Learn how to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp Rice / Sambal Nasi Udang
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 cup of onion.
- You need 1 small of carrot grated.
- Prepare 2 cup of leftover or cooked white rice.
- You need 1 cup of deveined shrimp / prawn.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare of garnish.
- You need 1 tbsp of spring onion and onion ring.
- It’s of SPICY SAUCE (SAMBAL SAUCE )or any sambal oelek.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of spicy sauce (sambal sauce).
- Prepare 1 tsp of soy sauce.
Prawn Sambal (or Sambal Udang, Sambal Shrimp) relies heavily on one of Malaysia's favorite ingredients, Sambal Sauce. The spicy sauce is a staple in Malaysian cooking. The very basic sauce, Sambal Oelek, is a paste made with fiery red chiles and plus a little salt and/or vinegar. The world just seems so right.
Spicy Shrimp Rice / Sambal Nasi Udang instructions
- FOR THE SPICY SAUCE (SAMBAL SAUCE) PLEASE VIEW ATTACHMENTS BELOW https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/333646-spicy-sauce-sambal-sauce.
- Used leftover white rice or cooked rice then set aside.
- in pan with oil brown onion and carrot then add prawn sautee for 2 minute then add sambal sauce with light soy sauce and sugar sautee for another 1 minute.
- Add cooked white rice and stir fry all in a pan for another 3 minute to mix well then off heat and serve.
Let's talk more about the sauce for these shrimp tacos. All you need is sour cream, lime juice, garlic, some herbs, and olive oil. Shrimp tacos are my love language! These look so darn good… tacos + shrimp + spicy = can't go wrong. Chicken and shrimp are loaded with flavor from a searing Southeast Asian chili sambal.