Ika Meshi (Rice Stuffed Squid).
This Perfect Ika Meshi (Rice Stuffed Squid) using 7 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. This is guide how achieve that.
Ingredients of Ika Meshi (Rice Stuffed Squid)
- It’s 6 of small size squids.
- You need 150 g of Rice.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Soy sauce *.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Sake *.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Sugar *.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Shiro-dashi *.
- Prepare 3 Cups of Water *.
Ika Meshi (Rice Stuffed Squid) instructions
- Add all the * ingredients into a pressure cooker and turn on the heat so it mixes together..
- Remove innards and skins from the squid. Poke some holes into the surface of each squid with a toothpick and stuff rice into each one so it fills them about half of the way. Close the open edge with a toothpick..
- Place all squids into the cooker, put the lid on and heat on the medium setting. Once the pressure is on, turn to lower heat and let it cook for about 10 minute..
- Once the pressure is gone, take off the lid and cook for about 15 minutes until the sauce is nearly gone..