Jerk Shrimp and Rice.
This Appetizing Jerk Shrimp and Rice using 4 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. Learn how to achieve that.
Ingredients of Jerk Shrimp and Rice
- Prepare 1 lb of Shrimp.
- You need 1/4 cup of Melted Butter.
- You need 1 of McCormick.
- You need of Jasmine rice.
Jerk Shrimp and Rice instructions
- Time to Clean some Shrimp I use 1 pound jumbo shrimp, Yet you can also use precooked frozen, peeled and deveined shrimp, Yet please take note if indeed you do use precooked shrimp PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY ARE COMPLETELY THAWED OUT… you can use a colander to place the thawed shrimp. When most of the water drains off, pat dry the shrimp as much as possible with paper towels. (Or start with fresh, peeled, deveined shrimp, precooked. Mindful tip A lot of grocers will steam them at no extra charge.).
- You can cook them on medium high and set your large non stick skillet When skillet begins to get really hot, but NOT smoking, quickly add the melted butter and shrimp.Sprinkle on the Caribbean Jerk Seasoning to taste. It's hot and spicy so be careful if you don't like the heat.Keep the shrimp moving in the pan, glazing the shrimp with the hot butter and spices.Cook just until hot and slightly browned. (only about 3 minutes or even less depending on the heat of your skillet).You can also make these in the broiler or on the grill after tossing the shrimp in melted butter, sprinkling on Caribbean Jerk Seasoning and spreading them on a broiler pan or open grill. If indeed you decide to broil them do this for only 2 to 3 minutes, watching closely.
- Let's make this rice.
- Yes I also add butter to my rice just a preference you don't have too…