Shrimp Paste Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Cencaluk). Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg. The literal translation of Nasi Goreng is "fried rice" in Indonesian and Malaysian – and that's exactly what it is! As with almost every traditional dish, there are many versions of Nasi.
Preparation time does not include cooking and cooling the rice. Nasi goreng, Indonesia's version of fried rice, gets a sweet-savory profile from kecap manis and a big hit of umami from shrimp paste. If you can't find it easily, feel free to substitute another Southeast Asian shrimp paste, or omit it—you'll be making what my mom calls nasi goreng cina, or Chinese. This Appetizing Shrimp Paste Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Cencaluk) using 8 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Shrimp Paste Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Cencaluk)
- You need 1 cup of rice (cooked).
- Prepare 3 of shallots.
- It’s 1 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of shrimp paste (cencaluk).
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Few anchovies.
- You need of Quarter carrot.
For nasi goreng, leftover rice is stir-fried with a seasoning paste made from chiles, shrimp paste, and palm sugar, yielding a richly flavored dish that's ridiculously delicious. In every part of the world where rice is a staple food, one finds fried rice: the leftovers of the previous night's meal transformed. Nasi goreng adalah jenis masakan simpel yang menjadi favorit banyak orang,,selain cara membuatnya mudah dan cepat ,makanan ini bisa dimasak dengan berbagai. Indonesian Shrimp Fried Rice – also known as Nasi Goreng.
Shrimp Paste Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Cencaluk) step by step
- Fry anchovies until crisped. Put aside.
- Minced shallots and garlic. Saute shallots and garlic for a while. Once the aroma comes out, put the shrimp paste and fish sauce. Stir for a while..
- Diced the carrot and put into the wok. Crack the egg and stir vigorously with high heat. Once the egg looks like to set, put the rice in. Mixed all until incorporated. If you like a bit of hot, you can put 1 or 2 small chilli while mixing the rice.
- Taste the fried rice. Put in the fried anchovies. Put the heat away. Done.
Indonesian Shrimp Fried Rice (nasi goreng). To reduce the sodium level in this recipe, I used half the amount of sauce, reduced the amount of soy sauce and fish sauce further, and eliminated the salt. Shrimp paste or prawn sauce is a fermented condiment commonly used in Southeast Asian and Southern Chinese cuisines. It is primarily made from finely crushed shrimp or krill mixed with salt. With belacan/shrimp paste as its main ingredient, the robust flavor and reddish tint are derived from fresh prawns and red chilies.