Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice. How To Make Homemade Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice. Whatever You Call It, We've Got The Best And Easiest Spanish Rice Recipe You Can Find. It Tastes Like It Came Straight From The Restaurant.
Spanish rice is essentially a rice pilaf, but with southwestern flavorings. The browning is essential to the nutty, almost toasty flavor of the rice. And although bouillon can be substituted for the chicken stock, nothing beats homemade chicken stock, whose rich flavor is absorbed by the rice as it cooks. You can have Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice using 20 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. This is guide how cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice
- You need 1/2 of Yellow Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 of Red Onion.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Golden or Yellow Rice (Arroz Amarillo).
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare 3/4 Tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Coriander.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Tumeric.
- You need 1 Can of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes.
- You need 1 1/2 Cups of Water.
- You need 12-24 of Pacific Shrimp 26/30 count.
- Prepare of Mrs. Dash to Taste.
- Prepare of for the sauce.
- You need 2 of Cried Prunes Re hydrated.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Orange Marmalade.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Broken Walnuts.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Water.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Orange Peel.
Easy Spanish Rice, also called Mexican Rice, that tastes just like your favorite restaurant side dish with with an easy trick for perfectly fluffy rice! When you open the lid of the rice all the steam that is so important to the cooking escapes. This means you will have to cook longer, won't have enough liquid. Barbecued Spanish Rice with Sausage and Mussels Recipe.
Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice instructions
- Place cooking bowl in your Rice Cooker, and add Olive Oil. Turn on and let heat for 1 minute. Add red onion, garlic, oregano, coriander, cumin, salt and turmeric to the bowl; stir using a wooden spoon, to coat with oil. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Add golden rice, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add water; stir. Add drained tomatoes on top of rice – do not stir in. Cover and make sure the Rice Cooker is turned on to cook..
- Use cooking spray on the interior of your steaming tray. Pan fry cleaned (tails off, and deveined if you did not already purchase them that way) shrimp for 1-2 minutes before placing them in the steaming tray. After 25 minutes of the rice cooking, place the steaming tray on the cooking bowl, (or in the cooking bowl, if not using a Cuisinart Rice Cooker / Steamer.) Cook until the rice cooker switches to warm mode..
- WHILE THE RICE IS COOKING, prepare the Sauce – Combine in a small saucepan the 1/4 cup of the marmalade, (reserving the rest) with raisins and prunes. Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes more. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of marmalade, with walnuts, water and the orange peel..
- To serve, place the rice in soup bowls, arrange the steamed shrimp on top of the rice, and spoon the orange sauce atop the Shrimp and Rice. If you have remaining orange sauce, it can be reserved for several days after for use in other dishes..
Transfer the shrimp and the sauce onto the asparagus. I grew up on "Spanish" rice, but when my sons were young children, they dubbed it "Orange" rice to distinguish it from steamed white rice. Since this is a basic recipe, I included dried seasonings. On your next round, feel free to substitute diced onion, (saute with the browned rice) and minced garlic. This bright and flavorful orange flavored rice is a complementary side that goes with many dishes.