Cajun shrimp and rice scampi. Jen gets the kitchen sizzling with her Cajun shrimp scampi. I also tried it with chicken. Pretty darn good yall.lol #Cajun #ShrimpScampi #Shrimp Social Media: Instagram.
We went with bell peppers, onions, and When cooking the shrimp, make sure you have a single layer. If you overcrowd the pan, you risk steaming and overcooking.which would lead to sad. I have a friend with Celiac's disease and I serve this when she comes over for lunch. You can cook Cajun shrimp and rice scampi using 18 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun shrimp and rice scampi
- It’s 2 of small red chiles minced.
- It’s 1 of med jalepeno minced.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fine chopped celery.
- You need 1/4 cup of fine chopped green bell.
- You need 1/2 cup of fine chopped onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Fine chopped parsley.
- You need 1 of large lemon zested and juiced.
- Prepare 1 pound of mayport shrimp (or the freshest medium to large you can get).
- You need of webber Cajun seasoning (it's less saltier than most).
- Prepare Tsp of Dried basil.
- Prepare Tsp of Dried oregano.
- Prepare Tsp of Smoked paprika.
- You need of Evo.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 cup of jazmatti rice (long grain).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
It lets her have something besides meat and potatoes. It's become a requested recipe. —Ruth Miller, Boyertown, Pennsylvania. Sprinkle the shrimp with Cajun seasoning; toss to coat. I added Cajun spices to top off and it hit the spot.
Cajun shrimp and rice scampi instructions
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to pan, when simmering add all veggies and half the garlic and sauté until really soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add basil, oregano, paprika until combined and then add the rice and cook in the veggies for about 10 minutes. Add a good pinch of salt and cook for another 5. Add stock and simmer covered for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- After about 15 minutes check rice and if liquid is mostly absorbed cover and remove from heat while you finish the rest of the dish.
- Season shrimp with Webber Cajun seasoning and rub in, sear quickly and set aside..
- Add evo to the same pan followed by the rest of the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add the wine and reduce for a few minutes..
- Add the lemon zest, juice of a whole lemon, 1/2 cup chicken stock and a couple tablespoons of parsley (I add a tsp if crushed red pepper) and simmer for a few minutes..
- Remove from heat and incorporate the rest of the butter until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add shrimp and toss until heated through.
- Plate rice and top with the saucy Cajun shrimp, parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
Definitely a comfort food, great for the winter. I also added more garlic, as I do love my garlic and minced onions. Try our healthy cajun shrimp and rice recipe. Learn how to prepare this meal step by step and see a full list of ingredients. Then immediately add diced tomatoes, water and tomato paste.