Nasi Bakar Sambal Tuna (Spicy Tuna Grilled Rice).
You can cook Nasi Bakar Sambal Tuna (Spicy Tuna Grilled Rice) using 13 easy ingredients and 5 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Nasi Bakar Sambal Tuna (Spicy Tuna Grilled Rice)
- Prepare 4-5 sheets of banana leaves.
- Prepare 2 of plates white rice.
- You need of For the tuna sauce:.
- It’s 1 tbs of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 can of tuna, drained (I used tuna in water).
- Prepare 6 cloves of shallots, finely sliced.
- It’s 2 of lemongrass, cut the white part, finely sliced.
- It’s to taste of salt and sugar.
- Prepare of For ground spices:.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 cloves of shallots.
- You need 6 of red chili peppers (jalapeño or serrano).
- It’s 2 of birds eye chili peppers (optional).
Nasi Bakar Sambal Tuna (Spicy Tuna Grilled Rice) step by step
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Sauté shallots and lemongrass until fragrant. Add ground spices. Cook until ground spices change color..
- Add tuna. Keep stirring until all the ingredients mix well. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Prepare 2 sheets banana leaves. Spread 1 plate of white rice out in an even layer on top of the banana leaves. Place 1/2 tuna sauce mixture in the center of white rice. Add basil leaves to taste. Fold banana leaves over to encase tuna sauce completely in rice, and secure each end with a toothpick. Do the same thing one more time with the rest of the rice..
- Heat the grill pan over medium high-heat. Place banana leaves wraps on the grill and grill until banana leaves browned and charred 10-15 minutes each side..
- Serve warm with tomato and cucumber slices! 😋.