Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice.
You can have Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice using 18 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice
- Prepare 8 sheets of banana leaves.
- It’s of For the rice:.
- It’s 3 cups of rice.
- Prepare 45 ml of instant coconut milk + water (according to the measurement of your rice).
- You need 3 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- You need 2 stalks of lemongrass, pounded.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of For the filling:.
- It’s 1 can (425 gr) of canned sardines.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 10 cloves of shallots, thinly sliced.
- It’s 8 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- It’s 8 of green chili peppers, diagonally sliced.
- You need 5 of bird eye chili peppers, thinly sliced (optional).
- Prepare 100 gr of stinky beans, cut into 2 (optional).
- Prepare leaves of some Thai basil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 3 tsp of sugar or to taste.
Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice step by step
- Mix all rice ingredients. Use a rice cooker to cook it. When cooking button is up, open the rice cooker lid and stir the rice well. Place the lid back and let the rice stay in the rice cooker for a while until it’s completely cooked..
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium high heat. Sauté garlic and shallots until fragrant..
- Add green chili peppers and bird eye chili peppers. Mix well..
- Add sardines. Season with salt and sugar..
- Add stinky beans. Stir until the stinky beans half cooked. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Prepare 2 sheets banana leaves. Spread 1/8 part of rice out in an even layer on top of the banana leaves. Place 1/4 part of sardines mixture in the center of the rice. Add basil leaves to taste. Fold banana leaves over to encase tuna sauce completely in rice, and secure each end with a toothpick. Do the same thing with the rest of the rice..
- Heat the grill pan over medium high-heat. Place banana leaves wraps on the grill and grill until banana leaves browned and charred 10-15 minutes each side. Yum! 😋.