Brad's cashew chicken. Cashew chicken (Chinese: 腰果雞丁) is a Chinese-American dish that combines chicken (usually stir-fried but occasionally deep-fried, depending on the variation), with cashews and either a light brown garlic sauce or a thick sauce made from chicken stock, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Cashew chicken is no doubt a winner by these metrics. The chicken breast is briefly marinated, resulting in juicy, tender bites that are very flavorful.
Better than take-out, learn how to make this delicious. Turn heat down to medium-low and pour cornstarch mixture into skillet. This homemade Cashew Chicken tastes as good as the cashew chicken you get from takeout. This Yummy Brad's cashew chicken using 26 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Here is how you cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Brad's cashew chicken
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- You need 3/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbs of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbs of sake.
- Prepare 1 tbs of seasoned rice vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need 3/4 tbs of dry mustard.
- You need 3/4 tbs of ground ginger.
- It’s 4 of compacted tbs brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- You need 1 (15 Oz) of can whole baby sweet corn.
- You need 1 (8 Oz) of can sliced water chestnuts.
- It’s 3 of LG chicken breasts. Fileted in half then cut to 3/4 " cubes.
- Prepare 6 Oz of petite sweet carrots.
- It’s 1 of LG shallot diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chinese 5 spice.
- You need 1 tbs of oil.
- It’s 1 of small bunch bok choy. Sliced thin. Only the whites.
- You need 2 of small heads broccoli. Small florets.
- It’s 5 Oz of roasted, unsalted, whole cashews.
- It’s 1 of "x 2" piece if ginger root. Peel, slice, smash, then mince.
- It’s of Sliced green onions for garnish.
This chicken stir-fry is my family's favorite! The cashews add crunch and a sweet, nutty flavor, and the tasty sauce adds richness to garden-fresh carrots Cashew Chicken Recipe photo by Taste of Home. In this variation on a stir-fry, whole ribs of bok choy steam on top of chicken tenderloins, saving a step. Plus: More Chicken Recipes and Tips.
Brad's cashew chicken instructions
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Stir occasionally.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large wok. Add chicken, shallots, ginger root, and carrots. Sprinkle with 5 spice. Stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Do not drain liquid..
- Add garlic, bok choy, and broccoli. Cover with a lid. Stir fry until broccoli is tender. Stir occasionally..
- When tender, add baby corn, water chestnuts, cashews, and sauce. Bring to a simmer uncovered. Simmer until sauce thickens..
- Serve over jasmine rice. Garnish with green onions and siracha sauce if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Chinese Cashew Chicken Noodles Stir Fry is a delicious take on your favorite take-out cashew chicken recipe. Crispy bits of chicken and noodles are tossed in a super flavorful, spicy sauce and. Make this Cashew Chicken Quinoa Bake for a high-protein, one-dish meal that the whole family will love! Can't get enough of our delicious chicken casserole recipes? Delicious Chinese cashew chicken with very common and humble ingredients.