Mint jelly. As a first time maker of mint jelly, I was very pleased to find that this recipe was quick, simple, and made delicious jelly. Homemade mint jelly, using natural pectin from tart Granny Smith apples as a base, and fresh mint. Homemade reduced sugar (or sugar-free) mint jelly from fresh mint.
Mint Jelly Recipe – One Hundred Dollars a Month. Looking for a way to use all of that mint that has Gooseberry, Apple & Mint Jelly is a beautifully delicate flavoured jelly with a back not of fresh mint. Found this recipe at recipegoldmine while looking for a mint jelly that does not require apples or apple juice. You can cook Mint jelly using 9 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Learn how to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Mint jelly
- It’s of mint.
- Prepare 50 grams of fresh mint.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
- You need of jelly.
- Prepare 1 liter of juice extracted from boiling crab apples.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of mint prepared as explained below.
- Prepare 800 grams of granulated sugar.
Made this up and my DH who so loves mint jelly with his lamb (I don't) loves this. It used to be a very chic thing to serve with roasted lamb, but all you can find in the stores these days is Real mint jelly is so easy to make, and is so pretty in the canning jars. Here's a tutorial of the process. This festive-looking jelly from Naomi Giddis of Two Buttes, Colorado, can be served with lamb or used as a dessert topping.
Mint jelly instructions
- Wash and chop mint finely. Sprinkle with the sugar and Stir water and leave to rest overnight..
- For ease I have given the proportion to one litre and you may need to adapt depending on the amount of juice you get. Follow recipe to obtain juice. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/463944-crab-apple-jelly.
- Once your mint is ready you bring the crab apple juice, lemon juice and sugar to a boil. Stir until sugar dissolves..
- When you are ready to boil to set point you add the two spoonsful of prepared mint.
- I strained a bit of the scum and mint before potting in sterilized jars and leave to cool a bit before covering..
- Label and you have lovely mint jelly for the rest of the year for your roast lamb..
Festive Mint Jelly Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Mint jelly is a classic accompaniment to lamb and is particularly well suited to the simple flavors of roasted leg of lamb. The basis of mint jelly also varies considerably, depending on what you're after, so a few choices are provided here. All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.