Garlic Lemon Shrimp with Cheddar Cheese Grits.
You can have Garlic Lemon Shrimp with Cheddar Cheese Grits using 9 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. This is guide how achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Garlic Lemon Shrimp with Cheddar Cheese Grits
- It’s 3/4 cup of Fast cooking grits ,.
- You need 1 1/4 pounds of Shrimp , medium size , peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese Grated ,.
- Prepare pound of Unsalted butter shrimp , tablespoonsMedium , peeled and deveined ,.
- Prepare 3 1 2 large cloves of Garlic , crushed ,.
- You need 1/2 of lemon juice lemon Fresh ,.
- Prepare tablespoon of lemon rind Grated ,.
- You need of Salt Pepper and.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Parsley , rough chopped ,.
Garlic Lemon Shrimp with Cheddar Cheese Grits step by step
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, cover..
- Once at boil, uncover and slowly whisk in grits, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. .
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally until thicken, about 5 minutes. .
- Once thickened, stir in graded cheddar cheese and 1 tablespoon butter. Remove from the heat adding salt and pepper to taste. Cover to keep warm..
- In a bowl, season shrimp with salt and pepper..
- Heat large skillet on medium-high heat adding remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Once butter is melted add shrimp and crushed garlic and cook gently stirring until shrimp are are pink..
- Remove from heat and add juice from half a lemon, 2 tablespoons of water, lemon rind and chopped parsley coating shrimp with sauce. Season with salt and pepper..
- Divide grits into bowls and top with shrimp. .
- Deglaze skillet 2 tablespoons of water. Spoon remaining sauce from skillet over shrimp and grits..