Vickys Honey & Garlic Prawns with Brown Rice, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Honey & Garlic Prawns with Brown Rice, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 simple ingredients and 10 easy steps. Learn how to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Vickys Honey & Garlic Prawns with Brown Rice, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 80 ml of honey (1/3 cup).
- You need 60 ml of Vickys Soy-Free 'Soy' sauce (1/4 cup), see my recipe.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of freshly grated ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 320 g of king prawns, shelled and deveined.
- It’s 500 g of cooked brown rice – microwave packs are perfect.
- It’s 2 of avocados.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice – reserve lemon, cut into wedges for garnish.
- It’s of Sliced spring onion greens / scallion to garnish.
Vickys Honey & Garlic Prawns with Brown Rice, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- If cooking brown rice from scratch, start it in plenty of time as the rest of the dish only takes minutes to do.
- Combine the honey, soy, garlic and ginger. Mix well.
- Pour half of this marinade over the prawns and toss to coat. Let rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat and cook the prawns for a minute on each side until pink.
- Meanwhile heat the microwave rice.
- Peel and slice the avocado and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Add the remaining marinade to the frying pan and cook for a further minute.
- Fluff the rice and divide between serving plates or bowls.
- Fan the avocado slices on one side of the plate and season with salt. Spoon the prawns over the other side.
- Garnish with some sliced spring onion / scallion and a lemon wedge. Serve immediately.