Nagoya-style Miso Oden [Quick & Easy].
This Perfect Nagoya-style Miso Oden [Quick & Easy] using 10 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. This is guide how cook it.
Ingredients of Nagoya-style Miso Oden [Quick & Easy]
- It’s 1/2 of Daikon radish.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 of Chikuwa.
- Prepare 1 of Konnyaku.
- It’s of Oden soup:.
- Prepare 1 piece of Kombu for dashi stock.
- You need 600 ml of Water.
- It’s 60 grams of Red miso.
- Prepare 30 grams of Soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 30 grams of Mirin.
Nagoya-style Miso Oden [Quick & Easy] instructions
- Make dashi stock in a large pot with water and kombu. *I used a dashi packet, but you can use dashi granules..
- Slice the daikon radish and parboil until you can easily poke with a toothpick. Use the water used to wash rice grains if it's available. It'll make the daikon nice and tender..
- Boil the eggs and peel the shells. Cut the chikuwa in half and pour hot water over to remove the excess oil. Cut the konnyaku and blanch quickly..
- Put the red miso, soft brown sugar, and mirin in a bowl together. Add the dashi stock from Step 1 little by little to mix..
- Add Step 4 into the pot from Step 1 and mix well. Add Steps 2 & 3 into the same pot and simmer over a low heat for about 30 minutes. Once the ingredients have absorbed the flavor of the soup, it is done..
- [Note] Break up the soup flavored eggs and put on top of rice. Pour over plenty of soup and this is called 'Red Chazuke'. The famous actor Shintaro Katsu used to love this..
- [With the left over soup] Cook minced chicken, Japanese leek and ginger with this soup to make 'Miso-flavored soboro.' Garnish over udon noodles or rice..