Singapore Hokkien Mee Recipe.
This Delicious Singapore Hokkien Mee Recipe using 19 easy ingredients and 12 easy steps. This is guide how achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Singapore Hokkien Mee Recipe
- Prepare of Prawn Stock:.
- It’s 1.5 liters of water.
- It’s 500 g of pork bones (or chicken bones) blanched in boiling water for 5 minutes & rinsed.
- It’s 500 g of local (lala) clams.
- Prepare 200 g of prawn shells.
- Prepare 1 of squid (sotong) insides cleaned.
- Prepare 8-12 of small or medium prawns with shells on.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fish sauce to taste.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dark soy sauce to taste.
- It’s of Hokkien Mee.
- You need 3 tbsp of lard oil (or vegetable oil) divided.
- It’s 2 of small eggs lightly beaten.
- Prepare 250 g of yellow noodles.
- Prepare 150 g of rice vermicelli (bee hoon) usually thick bee hoon is used but thin bee hoon is fine as well.
- You need 60 g of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of fried lard pieces optional.
- It’s 3 stalks of Chinese chives (koo chye) cut to 5 cm (2 in) length.
- Prepare 2 of limes halved.
Singapore Hokkien Mee Recipe instructions
- For making homemade prawn stock: In a soup pot, add water, blanched pork bones, clams, and prawn shells..
- When water comes to a rapid boil, add squid and prawns; cook for 2 minutes and remove from pot..
- When cooled, peel the prawn shell (leaving the tail on); return the prawn heads and shells back to the soup pot..
- Slice the squid to thin rings..
- Continue simmering the stock for 40 minutes and strain the broth. Season the stock with fish sauce and dark soy sauce. Yields about 500ml of rich prawn stock..
- For making Hokkien Mee: Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok and add beaten egg. Scramble the egg quickly with a spatula until it is semi set..
- Add yellow noodles, rice vermicelli, bean sprouts, another tbsp of oil and 2 ladles of prawn stock. Stir fry on high heat for 1 minute..
- Push the wok contents to one side, add another 1 tbsp oil to the wok. Stir fry garlic and lard pieces for 15 seconds..
- Add chives, mix everything together, add 2 more ladles of stock and cover with lid to simmer/braise for 3 mins..
- Turn off the heat. Ladle the remaining stock over the cooked noodles. Return the prepared prawns and squid into the hot wok and mix in evenly with the noodles..
- Divide and portion to four serving plates. Serve each plate with a cut lime and some sambal at the side..
- PS: Some Hokkien mee is served with pork belly as well. Par-boil a piece of pork belly together with the soup stock. Slice to smaller pieces when cooled and add them to the wok when stir-frying the Hokkien noodles..