Sake-Steamed Manila Clams (Easy in the Microwave).
This Tasty Sake-Steamed Manila Clams (Easy in the Microwave) using 3 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook it.
Ingredients of Sake-Steamed Manila Clams (Easy in the Microwave)
- Prepare 1 packages of Manila clams.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
Sake-Steamed Manila Clams (Easy in the Microwave) instructions
- Make a brine of water and salt (not listed in ingredients) to the salinity of sea water. Put the clams in a colander and set it inside the brine so that they are slightly sticking out above water level..
- Cover with newspaper, then let sit for about 2 hours to degrit. If it's warm inside the house, degrit them in the refrigerator..
- Once they are finished degritting, rub the clams together while rinsing under running water, then blot excess water..
- Put the clams in a heat-resistant dish, then add the sake and salt (if you prefer a light taste, go lightly on the salt)..
- Wrap in plastic wrap, then microwave for 2 minutes at 600 W. They are done when the clams open up. Don't be surprised, as they will make a loud noise when they open!.
- They should open after 2 minutes…but if they don't microwave for a while longer while keeping your eye on them..