SOP TEKWAN (Fish Balls Soup).
This Yummy SOP TEKWAN (Fish Balls Soup) using 24 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of SOP TEKWAN (Fish Balls Soup)
- You need 250 gram of shrimps, shelled, finely chopped (shells for stock).
- It’s 1 1/2 of litter water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of margarine.
- Prepare 25 gram of dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water.
- It’s 25 g of dried Lily buds soaked in hot water until tender, knotted.
- You need 1 of yam bean, cut into strips (optional).
- Prepare 2 of spring chinese parsley, coarsely sliced.
- It’s 2 of spring onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s of Fried shallots.
- It’s of Sambal (optional).
- Prepare of Lime juice (optional).
- It’s of Fried vermicelli noodles (for serving).
- It’s of Boiling Carrots for serving (optional).
- You need of For the Fish Balls :.
- Prepare 250 gram of fish fillet (I use Spanish mackerel).
- Prepare 175 gram of cornstarch.
- Prepare 25 gram of plan flour.
- You need 1 of egg white.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 100 cc of water.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Spices (ground):.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of peppercorns.
SOP TEKWAN (Fish Balls Soup) step by step
- For the stock : Roast shirmp shells until they turn red. Add 1 1/2 litters water, bring to the boil and simmer for 1/2 hour. Strain the stock, reduce heat and continue to cook until the stock boil..
- For the Fish Balls: Mix ingredients for the fish balls. Shape a teaspoon of mixture into ball and toss into water or just shape with spoon and toss into water until just cooked..
- Heat the Margarine and saute the ground spices. Add shrimps, mushrooms, Lily buds and yam bean. Continue to fry until soft. Add to the shirmp stock. Before removing from the heat, add fish ball, salt, spring onion and parsely..
- Serving suggestion: transfer the soup into a bowl, add soften rice vermicelli (optional), and garnish with fried shallots and serve with chilli sauce..