Quick Mackerel Nanban without Deep-Frying.
This Tasty Quick Mackerel Nanban without Deep-Frying using 11 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Quick Mackerel Nanban without Deep-Frying
- It’s 3 of cuts Horse mackerel.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Plain flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of Red bell pepper.
- You need 2 cm of Carrot.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★ Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ★ Japanese dashi powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★ Water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ★ Ponzu.
Quick Mackerel Nanban without Deep-Frying instructions
- Sprinkle the mackerel with salt (not listed in the ingredients), let sit for 5 minutes, rinse under cold water, then thoroughly blot off excess moisture with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper, then coat in flour..
- Remove the seeds from the red bell pepper, thinly slice lengthwise, then microwave (800 W) for 1 minute. Thinly slice the onion and julienne the carrot..
- In a bowl, combine the ★ ingredients and add the vegetables from Step 2..
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Arrange the mackerel in the pan, cover with a lid, then fry both sides until golden brown..
- Transfer the fish to a serving dish, pour the sauce over it, then serve..