Quick Haddock and Egg. Cook smoked haddock in a range of comforting dishes. The strong smoky flavour works perfectly in fish pie Smoky haddock, soft-boiled eggs and the warm spice of coriander and turmeric make a very special This quick and creamy classic American fish soup makes a mouthwatering midweek meal. This easy coddled duck egg recipe with smoked haddock and spinach makes a simple egg recipe.
Search triple tested recipes from the Good Housekeeping Cookery Team. Making a pan sauce is a quick and easy way to add flavour. Bring a small, deep pan of water to the boil. You can have Quick Haddock and Egg using 8 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. Learn how to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Quick Haddock and Egg
- You need 4 of haddock fillets or loins.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 70 g of salted butter.
- You need 1 of large handful of chopped parsley.
- It’s 4 of hard boiled eggs.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season.
- It’s 200 ml of single cream.
Place the haddock on a warm serving plate, top with the poached egg and drizzle the milk it was cooked in over the top. Serve with the mustard and garnished with parsley. Lift the haddock out of the milk using a slotted spoon and leave to cool slightly. Divide the haddock and spinach between two ramekin pots.
Quick Haddock and Egg step by step
- Boil the eggs for 5-6 minutes, place in a pan of cold water when done..
- Add the butter to a large flat pan, when nicely hot add the chopped onion. Sauté for 2 minutes..
- Add the haddock and cover the pan. Add the seasoning. Cook whilst covered for 5-8 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the fish..
- When the fish is cooked remove it and keep warm. Leave as much of the onion and butter in the pan as you can..
- Add the parsley, lemon and cream and stir. Whilst this sauce is heating up peel the eggs and chop them. Add these to the sauce and heat through..
- Plate the fish, and pour the sauce over the top..
In a small bowl, combine the milk and salt. Eggs, smoked haddock, luxurious cream & fresh prawns make this dish a perfect quick & healthy midweek meal. Find more fish recipes at Tesco Real Food. Who wouldn't want to start their day with smoked haddock, hollandaise sauce, and a poached egg? Which makes me wonder why everyone tries to make it the simplest and quickest meal of the day.