Shiitake Dashi with quick cooked scallops. Dashi is one of the backbones of traditional Japanese cooking. This simple broth is traditionally made from one or a combination of kombu (kelp), bonito flakes (dried and smoked tuna shaved into thin flakes) Posted by Rachel. Recipe: Shitake Dashi with quick cooked scallops.
This dashi is an adaptation of the Angelika's Kitchen recipe. Shiitake Dashi for Vegetarians and Vegans. Shiitake Dashi is more of a by-product from rehydrating dried shiitake mushrooms with a small amount of water. This Yummy Shiitake Dashi with quick cooked scallops using 10 simple ingredients and 7 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook it.
Ingredients of Shiitake Dashi with quick cooked scallops
- It’s 1 pack of shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of small pack of scallops.
- Prepare 1 pack of bokchoi.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- You need 1-2 of spring onions.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of Dashi sauce.
- You need 1-2 of tap soy sauce.
- It’s 2-3 drop of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sake.
- You need 1 pack of fresh chicken stock.
Since the soaking liquid has good nutrients and flavors, we never throw away and try to find a good use for it in cooking. Braised Shiitake Mushrooms With Broccoli Recipe 焖香菇西兰花 Strain through a mesh strainer before using. In Japanese cooking dashi is made from fish and kombu seaweed.
Shiitake Dashi with quick cooked scallops step by step
- Remove stems from shiitake mushrooms and slice thinly..
- Slice spring onions, slice carrot to ribbon shape and cut up bok choy to chunky size.
- Bring chicken stock to boil in the sauce pan.
- Quick fry mushrooms and scallops on hot pan for 1-2 min.
- Once stock is boiling add mushrooms, scallops, bok choy, carrot and spring onions.
- Add all the sauces in and taste.
- A few drop of sesame oil before serve.
Obviously, we're not going to use the fish. And this is in everything in Japanese cooking; it's in all their stocks and sauces, which makes it very hard to eat vegetarian there. Dice some scallops, and prawns and mix with chilli and ginger. Fold into a wonton sealing with the beaten egg. When the clarification has cooked strain the stock through a muslin cloth and add the coriander.