PLECING KANGKUNG (Water spinach with Sambal). This spicy water spinach salad or what they call plecing kangkung in Lombok is loaded with flavor. The water spinach is blanched and then dress with the spicy sambal that is packed with umami and aromatic herbs and coconut flavor. I love the spiciness and sourness.
Plecing Kangkung is a refreshing salad that contains kangkung (water spinach) and mung bean sprouts with sambal and grated coconut as the Water spinach is quite popular green vegetables in Asia. Plecing Kangkung, Mie Kangkung Jakarta (Chicken Noodles with Water Spinach), Cah. Water Spinach or Water Morning Glory is a semiaquatic, tropical plant that flourishes in water and moist soil. This Tasty PLECING KANGKUNG (Water spinach with Sambal) using 10 easy ingredients and 2 simple steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of PLECING KANGKUNG (Water spinach with Sambal)
- You need 1 of bounch of kangkung (water spinach) about 200grams.
- You need 1 of tomatoe.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste (terasi/belacan).
- You need 1 of large shallot.
- You need 11 of bird's eye chilli (deepen on your spicy level).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 of fresh lime.
- It’s of Water for boiling.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
In Southeast Asia, this vegetable is Stir-fried Sambal Kangkong (Kangkung Belacan in Malay, 马来风光 Ma Lai Feng Guang in Mandarin) is a very popular dish in Singapore and Malaysia. Plecing kangkung is a spicy water spinach dish made from Lombok island, Indonesia, served with fried peanut, sprouts, and plecing sambal. Plecing kangkung is a Southeast Asian spicy water spinach dish made from Lombok island, Indonesia. Heat some oil in a wok, sauté the garlic and onion until the onion slices are translucent and fragrant.
PLECING KANGKUNG (Water spinach with Sambal) step by step
- Bring water to boil, add 2 tsp of salt. Boil kangkung for 3 – 4 minutes. Strain the water and set aside..
- In a mortar blend together tomato, chilies, garlic, shalot, terasi with some water. (if you make a lots just use blender or food processor, easy way). Add salt and sugar. Pour the cooked sambal on top of kangkung. Add freshly squeezed lime juice before serving..
Terong Bakar (Bumbu Bali/ Bumbu Taliwang). Rice Served With Balinese Traditional Steamed Chicken, Water Spinach, Fried Boiled Egg And Sambal Plecing. Plecing kangkung is an Indonesian spicy water spinach dish made from Lombok island. Plecing kangkung made from blanched kangkung leaf (Ipomoea aquatica) served cold with plecing sambal, made from ground red chili pepper, shallots, garlic, burned bird's eye chili, candlenut, kaffir lime. Kangkung, water spinach – download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds.