Dark soy sauce pork with leek. Dark soy sauce (lǎo chōu, 老抽) is an essential ingredient in Chinese cooking, alongside regular soy sauce. Find out more about how this ingredient is used! Braised Pork with Dark Soy Sauce 紅燒肉 is a very popular dish in Chinese cuisine.
Although dark soy sauce is a basic condiment in Chinese kitchen and most Chinese family owns one, its function is more of adding color than flavor. So do feel comfortable to cook most of Chinese dishes without having this in your pantry. => View Lee Kum Kee Premium Dark Soy Sauce on Amazon. Tender pork belly slowly braised in a light and slightly sweet soy sauce broth with a hint of garlic. This Yummy Dark soy sauce pork with leek using 12 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. This is guide how achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Dark soy sauce pork with leek
- It’s of Pork meat (you can use pork belly,ribs or anything to your preference and what you have).
- Prepare of Big red chili.
- You need of Leek.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- It’s of Ginger.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Black soy sauce.
- You need of Cooking oil of course 2 tablespoon-extra oil if u not using any fat meat.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- You need 2-3 tablespoon of Oyster sauce.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoon of Fish sauce.
- Prepare of Fish sauce and oyster sauce is main secret ingredients to my fast and yummy cooking.
Parboiling — Bring water to a boil in a sauce pan. In Chinese cuisine, dark soy sauce (Chinese: 老抽; pinyin: lăo chōu) is a dark-coloured soy sauce used mainly for adding colour and flavour to dishes. It is richer, slightly thicker, and less salty than other types of soy sauce. As the Chinese name lăo chōu (lit. 'old extract') suggests, it is also aged longer.
Dark soy sauce pork with leek instructions
- Heat your wok and your cooking oil.Medium low heat.Pour one tablespoon of sugar into your oil.Let it heat to caramel.then add in your pork.Mixed it well.Fry up to 5minutes.Take out and put aside..
- Fry your ginger and garlic until aroma come out and yellowish color appear. Then add in your pork that you caramelized fry earlier.Add in about half glass of water. Let it simmer medium low heat for about 10-15minutes..
- Add in your sauces. Taste it if the taste up to your liking.If not u can always add more or adjust it.No rules here. 5minutes simmer.if less water add abit more..
- Final,add in your leek and big chili as garnish. Let it mixed well. Again try your gravy and always check how it taste. Remember u can always adjust it to your liking. Tips for this dish,add in about one tablespoon of cooking oil or sesame oil or even olive oil in the end. You will be surprised it taste fantastic. The oil somehow blend and make the taste even better. Hehehe 😉 then leave it 2-3minutes. Done. Ready to eat.
Coat pork evenly with dark soy sauce. Add soy sauce and mix well. If the dish is too dry, add a tablespoon of water. Dark soy sauce has a deeper color and more body. Add the chilli bean paste, yellow bean sauce and fermented black beans and stir-fry for a minute.