Oven Fried Fish and Grits.
This Yummy Oven Fried Fish and Grits using 14 simple ingredients and 8 simple steps. Learn how to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Oven Fried Fish and Grits
- Prepare 1 of Cod Filet.
- Prepare 1 of Serving of quick cook grits.
- It’s 1 of Zucchini Chopped into bite size pieces.
- It’s A few of grape or cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Flour (you can omit this if you like).
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of nonstick cooking spray.
- You need of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of butter.
- You need To Taste of Salt & Pepper.
Oven Fried Fish and Grits instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray..
- Mix the egg and milk together and place your cod filet in it to soak while you prepare everything else (no longer than 15 minutes.).
- Place vegetables in a foil boat with a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Then fold the foil tightly..
- Mix together flour, panko bread crumbs, and Cajun seasoning. take the cod out of the milk and egg and dredge in dry mixture. Then dunk back into the milk and eggs and again into the dry. Lay filet on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray..
- Place the vegetable pack on the same pan with the fish. Cook on the middle rack of oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes (or until fish is crispy and cooked through.).
- While your fish and veggies cook in the oven prepare the grits per packaged instructions. When they are almost done add the cream and butter and whisk well until smooth and creamy. Salt and pepper to taste..
- When fish is done remove from oven. Carefully open the foil pack. With a fork gentle burst the tomatoes (if not already.) This is what makes the sauce..
- Spoon your grits into a bowl. Top with some veggies and sauce. Then Place your Crispy fish on top..