This Yummy Spring Rolls using 16 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. This is guide how achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Spring Rolls
- It’s of Spring roll wrappers.
- Prepare 1 of egg – beaten for sealing.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of minced brown onions.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of minced shiitake mushroom.
- Prepare of (Dried ones-soften in boiling water).
- You need 1 cup of finely chopped chicken.
- You need 1 tsp of corn flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of shredded carrot.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded jicama.
- Prepare of (Only if u have it).
- Prepare To taste of – Salt or chicken bouillon.
- Prepare of Optional : usually skip as i use oyster sauce.
Spring Rolls instructions
- Prepare ingredients (mince, chop, shred). Next prepare filling – start by heating cooking oil in a wok/pan. Sauté onions, add shiitake mushroom & stir for few minutes before adding chicken. Stir fry until chicken is cooked. Next, add a teaspon of corn flour. Stir. Then season with oyster sauce & sugar. Keep stiring. Note: cook filling over medium heat so it wont dry or burn. No water needed..
- Add shredded carrot last. Stir & cook for only a minute or less (just to combine) Not more. Overcooked carrot (or veggie) will turn mushy & soggy when fried thus will make your rolls lose their crispiness & more absorb oil (NOTE: If using both carrot & jicama (squeeze liquid out), add one extra tbsp of oyster sauce & use 1 tsp of sugar instead of half tsp. Add Both vegetables last & cook for a minute or less. Taste & adjust..
- To assemble – Peel one wrapper at a time & Cover the rest with a damp tea towel to avoid it from drying. Place a spoonful of filling at the center of the wrapper & fold sides of the wrapper neatly. Avoid putting too much filling, a tsp will do. Seal/glue the edge or corner end of the wrapper with beaten egg. Repeat until finish. Refer to pic below on how to fold the wrapper..
- To fry – Use enough oil to deep fry these rolls. Fry over medium high heat first. Too low of heat will cause rolls absorbing oil. After the first batch, turn to medium heat. Do not crowd the pan. These rolls turn brown quite fast. Turn/flip rolls to brown both sides. Remove immediately once both sides are LIGHTLY brown. Dont wait until it turns dark. Rolls still continue to cook even after that. Serve with sweet chilli sauce or thai chilli sauce (We usually make our own sauce)..