Shrimp and Pepper Cheese Grits.
You can have Shrimp and Pepper Cheese Grits using 11 simple ingredients and 10 simple steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Pepper Cheese Grits
- Prepare 16 oz of Shrimp-raw/peeled.
- Prepare 3 of sm-med bell peppers (any color/variety).
- It’s 1/2 small of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1/2 small of purple onion.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of butter or margerine.
- It’s 1 cup of quick grits.
- Prepare 4 slice of cheese.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of Louisiana Cajun Seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of Salt & Pepper to taste.
Shrimp and Pepper Cheese Grits step by step
- Thaw and peel shrimp.
- dice peppers and onion.
- In a large pan put the 2 1/2 TBSP of butter (med-low) heat. Put in diced peppers and onion..
- cook peppers and onion for about 5-8 minutes, or until starting to get soft..
- add 1lb Shrimp and saute til firm and pink (about 5 min).
- Set pan aside.
- In a separate pot cook Quick Grits according to package directions for 1cup of grits.
- Once grits are cooked add 4 slices of cheese, stir until cheese is blended.
- Pour in Shrimp and Pepper mixture into the grits, stir together.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!.