Spaghetti with fishball in tomato & oyster sauce – quick preparation. Polpette di pesce al sugo (fishballs in tomato sauce). Spaghetti with tomato sauce and meat. Tasty homemade spaghetti bolognese, close up.
I first had these Italian meatballs in tomato sauce as a starter in my friend Elvira's house, and her being a fabulous cook they made a lasting impression. This is my interpretation of the classic dish which I also serve with spaghetti as a one course dinner. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. This Appetizing Spaghetti with fishball in tomato & oyster sauce – quick preparation using 11 easy ingredients and 5 easy steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with fishball in tomato & oyster sauce – quick preparation
- You need 2 of serves of spaghetti.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- You need 1 of chili.
- It’s 6-8 of basil leaves.
- It’s 3 of fresh tomatoes.
- You need 1 of fresh capsicum (I chose red).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- You need 1/2 of fresh onion or as preferred.
- Prepare of Fishballs as wished.
- It’s of Olive oil to add.
Add onions and garlic and cook until soft. This is a GREAT spaghetti sauce recipe! The title should say meat sauce, however. I almost didn't look at it thinking it was a plain tomato sauce.
Spaghetti with fishball in tomato & oyster sauce – quick preparation instructions
- Preparation of ingredients: all ingredients (tomatoes, capsicum, onion, fishballs, chilies, basil) chopped into square/long pieces, especially the fishballs to be finely chopped for its to be easily mixed and covered with the sauce later. Put all ingredients separately. (Photo is my homegrown basil ready to be picked today).
- Boil spaghetti: what I usually do is adding spaghetti when water js boiled. Add some salt, olive oil and set about 9-10 mins. Pour out the spaghetti and let dry (no rinse).
- Tomato sauce: I chose to make the sauce from fresh tomatoes instead of canned ones. Add olive oil to the pan, add chopped tomatoes, cover with lid until it is boiled, use a spoon to crush the tomatoes and add some salt/sugar as wished. Put aside..
- In a new pan, add olive oil to heat up, then add fishballs, capsicum and onions. Add oysters sauce, chili and peppers. Then add tomato sauce and gently stir until the fishballs are covered with the sauce. Put aside.
- Take spaghetti into a bowl, add the above sauce and fishballs on top, add chopped basil. Mixed it up and the meal is ready..
He says it's the best spaghetti he has ever had. I use fresh tomatoes and don't bother seeding or peeling the. Spaghetti and Meatballs in Tomato-Basil Sauce. My family liked this a lot and we had the meatballs both with spaghetti and as a meatball sub, which I never would've thought to make with the leftovers. Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet.