Pajeon (Korean Style Piccata) with Scallion and Sakura Shrimp.
You can have Pajeon (Korean Style Piccata) with Scallion and Sakura Shrimp using 14 easy ingredients and 18 simple steps. This is guide how achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Pajeon (Korean Style Piccata) with Scallion and Sakura Shrimp
- Prepare 1 of bundle Scallions or green onions.
- Prepare 1 of little less than 1 tablespoon ★ Flour.
- Prepare 4 of pieces Red bell peppers (thinly and vertically sliced).
- It’s 25 grams of Boiled sakura shrimp.
- You need 1 of ☆ Egg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ☆ Shio koji.
- You need 1 pinch of ☆ White pepper (or black pepper).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need of For the Vinegar soy sauce:.
- You need 1 tbsp of 〇 Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ◯ Rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ◯ Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 pinch of ◯ Red pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ◯ Ground sesame (or chopped pine nuts).
Pajeon (Korean Style Piccata) with Scallion and Sakura Shrimp step by step
- Mix the 〇 ingredients and prepare the vinegar soy sauce. It turns out more authentic Korean using roasted and chopped pine nuts instead of ground sesame seeds..
- Cut the thinly and vertically sliced red bell peppers in halves. You may substitute the bell peppers with julienned carrots or dried chili pepper strands..
- Cut off the root ends of the scallions (or green onions), wash, lightly drain and cut into half lengths. I used green onions this time..
- Cut the length of the scallions from Step 3 in half, and arrange the directions with an equal balance of the white and green parts on both ends..
- Slit a plastic bag down the center and place the scallions from Step 4 on top. This is the way to use a plastic bag instead of a tray, to minimize clean-up..
- Sprinkle the ★ flour over the scallions from Step 5 and coat them evenly..
- Whisk the ☆ egg in a bowl. Add the ☆ shio koji and the ☆ white pepper (or black pepper). Mix well..
- Pour 1/3 of the egg mixture from Step 7 over the scallions from Step 6. Flip the scallions using the plastic bag so that the egg mixture will evenly coat the scallions..
- In a large pan, heat the sesame oil, place the egg-coated scallions in the pan and reduce the heat to low..
- Shape by spreading out the scallions. I made it into a 14 cm wide piccata. My pan size is 28 cm diameter (slightly on the large side)..
- Once the piccata is shaped, sprinkle the sakura shrimp on top and press down on them. Pour in the remaining half of the egg mixture from Step 7..
- Arrange the bell peppers from Step 2 on top. Make sure the heat is low enough not to burn the piccata..
- Pour the rest of the egg mixture over the piccata from Step 12. Cook slowly over low heat..
- Once it is browned, flip and pat lightly. Cook again slowly..
- Now, it's ready to serve..
- Trim the ends and cut into 8 pieces on a cutting board. Serve on a plate with the vinegar soy sauce from Step 1 on the side..
- If the white part of the scallions are thick, cut them vertically so they can cook through well..
- I used a home-made shio koji from 200 g of dried rice malt, 70 g of salt and 330 ml of water..