Whole Stewed Squid With Instructions for Preparation.
This Appetizing Whole Stewed Squid With Instructions for Preparation using 5 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Stewed Squid With Instructions for Preparation
- It’s 1 of Japanese squid (small).
- It’s 2 of knobs Ginger (sliced).
- It’s 3 tbsp of Sake.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
Whole Stewed Squid With Instructions for Preparation step by step
- Press down on the squid's body with your dominant hand, and with the other, grab hold at the base of the tentacles, then pull them off. Then, pull out the translucent bones, rinse the inside of the body with water, and remove the innards. (See photos for reference)..
- There is a long, thin ink bag that is inedible, so remove it gently without damaging the innards. The upper photo shows how it looks before removal, and the lower photo shows after removal..
- Remove the eyes from the squid. It won't fly off if you do it under water as shown in the photo. The eyeball will go flying if you do this out of water..
- Remove the beak. Scrub the legs a bit in water, and remove the hard suckers..
- Stuff the organs and legs back up into the body. Stick in a slice of ginger as well, and secure with a toothpick. Toss into a small frying pan along with the other seasonings, cover with a lid, sauté over high heat for a minute, then reduce to low heat once it begins to simmer. Cook for 4-5 minutes without letting it boil over. It is ready to eat..
- *This is what it looks like cut up. I love the insides..