Prawn Takikomi Gohan. Takikomi Gohan is a Japanese mixed rice recipe made with seasonal ingredients, this comforting dish is perfect to enjoy with simple meals. Takikomi Gohan is Japanese mixed rice, seasoned with dashi, mirin, sake and soy sauce. Cut chicken thigh into bite size pieces.
Homepage > Recipes > Rice Recipes > Takikomi Gohan with Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe (Easy Mixed Rice in Rice Cooker). Takikomi Gohan is a traditional Japanese rice dish of seasoned mixed vegetables and rice. Chicken, meat, and seafood may also be included. You can cook Prawn Takikomi Gohan using 8 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Learn how to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Prawn Takikomi Gohan
- Prepare 3 cups of Rice *180ml cup.
- Prepare 1 of Onion *finely chopped.
- It’s of Vegetable Stock or Seafood Stock (OR Water & Stock Cube).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Finely Chopped Parsley.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1/2-1 cup of Frozen Peas & Corn.
- Prepare 200 g of Raw Prawns.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
Takikomi Gohan is also called "Gomoku Gohan". Takikomi Gohan is cooked rice with dashi, soy sauce and other seasoning along with fresh vegetables and meat. I usually use mushrooms, as I love. Takikomi Gohan (炊き込みご飯) is a wonderful and comforting Japanese mixed rice recipe made with seasonal ingredients.
Prawn Takikomi Gohan instructions
- Prepare the Prawns. If you use Frozen Prawns, thaw them thoroughly..
- Wash Rice and place it in the rice cooker. Add Stock up to the 3-cups-marking..
- Add Onion, Prawns, Parsley, Olive Oil and Salt & Pepper. Then press ‘COOK’ button to start cooking..
- Thaw Frozen Peas & Corn. When the rice is cooked sprinkle Peas & Corn over the rice and let them steamed for 10 minutes. Then loosen and mix gently..
This recipe is also gluten free! I cooked boiled rice with Japanese Pepper, ginger, edamame. My family like Takikomi Gohan, seasoned and cooked rice with various ingredients and in Spring I often make. Sweet Onion Takikomi Gohan. by justonecookbookrecipes. Takikomi Gohan – Japanese Mixed Rice.