Miso Mackerel Don.
You can have Miso Mackerel Don using 11 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Miso Mackerel Don
- Prepare 1 of Canned Mackerel in Brine (*about 115g).
- You need 1/4 of Onion *sliced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Oil.
- Prepare of Spring Onion *finely Sliced, optional.
- You need of Freshly Cooked Rice 1 serving.
- It’s of <Miso Sauce Ingredients>.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Miso.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Sake OR Mirin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Grated Ginger.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Soy Sauce *optional, depends on the type of Miso.
Miso Mackerel Don step by step
- Drain the Canned Mackerel and remove the brine. Make Miso Sauce by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl..
- Heat small amount of Oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, cook sliced Onion until transparent..
- Add Mackerel and the sauce and simmer over a low heat for a minute or so, and let all well combined..
- Half fill a bowl with freshly cooked rice and cover it with the Mackerel mixture. Sprinkle some finely sliced Spring Onion over and serve..