Salmon Takikomi Gohan. Takikomi Gohan is a Japanese mixed rice recipe made with seasonal ingredients, this comforting dish is perfect to enjoy with simple meals. Salmon Takikomi Gohan or Steamed Salmon Rice is comfort food in Japan. It is easy to make and you get good nutrients from the veggies added in the pot.
Layering the salmon onto the rice. Takikomi Gohan is also called "Gomoku Gohan". Takikomi Gohan is cooked rice with dashi, soy I used chicken, tofu, mushrooms and carrots in the recipe but you can replace these with salmon. This Tasty Salmon Takikomi Gohan using 7 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon Takikomi Gohan
- Prepare 2 cups of Japanese Short Grain Rice *180ml cup.
- Prepare 400 ml of Dashi Stock *OR Water 400ml & Dashi Powder 1/2 teaspoon.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 200-300 g of Salmon Fillets OR Off-cuts *skinless, bones removed.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of Sake (Rice Wine).
- Prepare of Toppings for extra flavour: Shiso, Spring Onion, Toasted Sesame Seeds, Toasted Nori, Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix), etc.
Takikomi Gohan is Japanese mixed rice, seasoned with dashi, mirin, sake and soy sauce. I cooked boiled rice with Japanese Pepper, ginger, edamame. Cut chicken thigh into bite size pieces. Cut Konnyaku, carrot, and Aburaage thinly.
Salmon Takikomi Gohan instructions
- Cut skinless Salmon Fillets into chunky pieces, add Salt and Sake and massage. Cover and rest in the fridge for 1 hour..
- Wash Rice by stirring it thoroughly in water with your hand and drain the water. Repeat this a few more times until water flows through clear..
- Drain the rice and put it into the rice cooker’s inner pot. Add the Dashi Stock and Soy sauce. Place Salmon pieces on top and pour all the liquid as well..
- Press ‘COOK’ button to start cooking..
- When the rice is cooked, let it steamed for 10 minutes. Then loosen and mix gently..
- Enjoy with some toppings of your choice. If you need more saltiness, sprinkle some salt over as required..
Wash rice and put in the rice cooker 's removable bowl. Homepage > Recipes > Rice Recipes > Takikomi Gohan with Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe (Easy Mixed Rice in Rice Cooker). Takikomi Gohan is a traditional Japanese rice dish of seasoned mixed vegetables and rice. Chicken, meat, and seafood may also be included. Sweet Onion Takikomi Gohan. by justonecookbookrecipes.