Oysters Takikomi Gohan.
You can have Oysters Takikomi Gohan using 9 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Oysters Takikomi Gohan
- You need 2 cups of (*180ml cup) Japanese Short Grain Rice.
- You need 1 cup of Dashi Stock *OR 1 cup Water and 1/4 teaspoon Dashi Powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Sake (Rice Wine).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Mirin.
- You need 1 of & 1/2 tablespoons Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 of small piece Ginger *sliced into fine strips.
- Prepare 150-200 g of Oysters *cleaned in salted water.
- You need 1 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
- You need of Toasted Sesame Seeds *as required.
Oysters Takikomi Gohan step by step
- Remove Oysters from the shell and wash in salty water, then drain..
- Heat Dashi Stock in a saucepan, add Sake (Rice Wine), Mirin, Soy Sauce and Ginger, and bring to the boil. Add the cleaned Oysters into the boiling soup and cook for 1-3 minutes or until cooked. Leave aside to cool slightly..
- Wash Rice by stirring it thoroughly in water with your hand and drain the water. Repeat this a few more times until water flows through clear. Drain the rice and place it into the rice cooker’s inner pot..
- Transfer the cooked Oysters to a bowl as they are not to be cooked with rice. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside. Add 1/2 cup cold water to the soup, and pour the soup, with the ginger, over the rice up to the 2-cups-marking on the pot. If soup was not enough, add water to make it to the marking. *Note: Avoid the settlings in the soup, such as sands..
- Press ‘COOK’ button to start cooking. When the rice is cooked, let it steamed for 10 minutes. Then loosen and mix with the cooked Oysters gently..
- Enjoy with some toppings of your choice, such as finely chopped Spring Onion, Nori or Toasted Sesame Seeds..