Minced prawn masala rice balls.
You can cook Minced prawn masala rice balls using 22 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve it.
Ingredients of Minced prawn masala rice balls
- Prepare of Prawn filling:.
- Prepare of ingredients:.
- Prepare 250 gms of Prawns (clean and roughly minced) -.
- It’s 3, medium sized (chopped) of Onion.
- You need 2, medium sized (chopped) of Tomato.
- Prepare 2 (finely chopped) of Green chilli.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Jeera powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic and Ginger paste.
- You need 6 – 8 leaves, finely chopped of Curry leaves.
- Prepare 2 tsp, finely chopped of Coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 cup, grated of Coconut.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need to saute of Coconut Oil.
- You need of For the rice dough:.
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Rice flour -.
- You need 1 – 1 ¼ cup (just enough to make a smooth dough) of Water.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Ghee.
Minced prawn masala rice balls instructions
- Method: Heat a pan, add about 3 tbsp of oil. Add onion and saute till soft..
- To this add green chilli and Garlic and Ginger paste, saute it until raw smell goes. Further add tomato and saute till soft..
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, Jeera powder, garam masala and salt to it and saute till the raw smell disappear and oil appears on top..
- 4. Now add cleaned and minced prawns and mix well and cook on low flame till the prawns are done.(add very little water if necessary, just enough not to burn it.).
- 5. Lastly, add grated coconut curry leaves and coriander leaves. Keep the masala little wet and not completely dry..
- Method for rice dough: *Add salt into water and heat it. Prepare smooth dough with rice flour adding enough salt water. Add water little by little while preparing the dough. Apply ghee to it and Keep it covered..
- To make the prawn rice balls: Method Make small balls out of the dough, Grease your hand with little water and press the dough balls with the fingers to make small circles. Add a spoon full of prepared prawn masala in the centre of dough circles and cover it with the sides of the dough circles to make balls. Roll it in the grated coconut. Repeat the process with the remaining dough balls. Steam it for about 15 – 20 minutes or till done. (Place the balls when water is boiling).