Seafood Delight! Okonomiyaki with Yamaimo.
You can have Seafood Delight! Okonomiyaki with Yamaimo using 16 simple ingredients and 12 simple steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Seafood Delight! Okonomiyaki with Yamaimo
- You need 1 of Seafood, such as oysters, prawns, scallops, octopus, squid, etc..
- Prepare 4 slice of Thinly sliced pork belly.
- It’s 1 of Mustard.
- You need 1 of Aonori and bonito flakes.
- Prepare of For the batter.
- It’s 160 grams of Grated yamaimo.
- Prepare 80 grams of Cabbage.
- You need 1 tsp of Red pickled ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Fine bonito flakes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Finely chopped green onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tempura crumbs.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s of For the specially blended sauce.
- Prepare 1 of blended at a 10 to 1 ratio Tonkatsu sauce and "doro" sauce.
- Prepare of For the creamy mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of blended at a 10 to 1 to 1 ratio Mayonnaise, milk, and yoghurt.
Seafood Delight! Okonomiyaki with Yamaimo instructions
- Coarsely shred the cabbage. Each slice should be 5 mm wide x 5 cm long (they will be difficult to mix if too long)..
- Remove the veins from the prawns and peel the shells. Cut the octopus, scallops and squid into bite-sized pieces..
- Rinse the oyster with salt water and drain in a colander..
- Peel the skin of the yamaimo with a vegetable peeler, then grate..
- Gently mix all the batter ingredients, except the tempura crumbs and pork. Add the tempura crumbs just before cooking the batter..
- For variation, fry eggs on an electric griddle and place on top of the okonomiyaki!.
- After 4 minutes flip over the cakes. This should be done carefully, since the batter is quite delicate. Cook the other side for 4 minutes and flip over again..
- Cook each side for another minute, then they are done. Pour on the sauce and drizzle the creamy mayonnaise on top. Sprinkle on aonori powder and fine bonito flakes, then serve!.
- I like slightly spicy hot sauce for these, so I add 'Doro' sauce for a spicy kick..
- Mix the mayonnaise, milk, and plain yoghurt, and you will have a creamy sauce. It tastes nice. Make only enough to use up on that day..
- For variation, fry eggs on a hot plate and place on top of the okonomiyaki!.
- For Kansai-style okonomiyaki, see..