Seafood Tempura Don.
You can have Seafood Tempura Don using 18 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Learn how to cook it.
Ingredients of Seafood Tempura Don
- It’s 200 g of Seafood ‘Marinara’ Mix.
- Prepare of *Note: Recommended seafood are Fish, Prawns, Scallops, Squid.
- You need 1/2 of Onion *finely sliced.
- You need 3 tablespoons of Self-Raising / Plain Flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Potato Starch / Corn Starch Flour.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of Cold Water.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- You need 2 of servings Freshly Cooked Short Grain Rice.
- Prepare 1 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
- Prepare of Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix).
- It’s of <Sauce>.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Dashi Powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Mirin.
Seafood Tempura Don instructions
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Boil 1 minutes and remove from heat..
- Cut all Seafood into 1-2cm pieces and place in a bowl. Add sliced Onion. Sprinkle with Self-Raising Flour, Starch Flour and Salt and mix well to coat all pieces with the flour. Add Egg and Cold Water and mix to combine. Divide the mixture into 2 portions..
- Heat Oil in a saucepan or small frying pan over medium heat, cook 1 portion of the mixture. If you are not familiar with deep-frying, just cook the mixture like cooking a pancake with slightly more oil..
- Turn it over a few times. When it is cooked and golden, place them on a rack and drain the oil. Repeat with the remaining mixture..
- Half fill a bowl with Freshly Cooked Rice and cover it with the Tempura. Drizzle the sauce over, top with Spring Onion and ‘Shichimi’ and enjoy..